Muktinath Darsan Tour by Jeep
Muktinath Darsan Tour by jeep is a great way to witness the local culture and traditions and for any Hindu/Buddhist travelers visit one of the holiest pilgrimage sites in the Himalayas. Muktinath is visited by both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage. A Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu is in the Muktinath area and other important sites are the 108 water spouts where it is believed flows the holy water. Closer by is the holy pond where Hindus take a dip and also take a bath in the holy waters believed to wash away their sins. Nearby is the Jawalmai Temple where internal flame has been burning from the ancient times. Likewise for Buddhist pilgrimage, a monastery is located side by side the temple. Initially, the Muktinath Darsan Tour begins with drive from Pokhara to Jomsom; take a night stop there and the next day drive to Muktinath and return back the same day. Afterwards, trace back the same route with one stop at Beni and finally to Pokhara again.
• Drive through interesting landscapes past rivers, valleys, small towns, villages.
• Witness spectacular mountain panorama of peaks like Mt. Annapurna, Dhaulagiri & others.
• Visit the Muktinath Temple & monastery, Jwalamai Temple, 108 holy water spouts.
Day 01: Pokhara to Jomsom & to Muktinath
Muktinath Darsan Tour starts early in the morning after breakfast, the tour starts with a long drive to Jomsom from Pokhara (9-10 hrs) by 4 WD Jeep. The trail passes along the river bank of Kaligandaki River crossing Beni, Ghasa, Marpha and finally arrive at Jomsom. Upon reaching check-in and rest at the lodge. O/N Lodge.
Day 02: Jomsom to Muktinath & back to Jomsom
Drive to Muktinath by jeep which takes about 2 & half hours. Upon reaching Ranipauwa (3710m), hike towards the Muktinath temple which is about 40 minutes walk. Muktinath has a temple dediced to Lord Vishnu, have a holy bath at the 108 water spouts and the holy kunda. Visit the Jwalamai Temple where a flame continuously burn. Afterwards, walk back to Ranipauwa, and drive back to Jomsom. O/N Lodge.
Day 03: Jomsom to Beni
Today after breakfast, trace back the same route and drive to Beni from Jomsom passing along Marpha, Tukuche, Tatopani, Ghasa. The drive is about 3 hours. Upon reaching Beni check-in hotel and take a rest. O/N Lodge.
Day 04: Beni to Pokhara
Our wonderful Muktinath Darsan Tour terminates today. Then we drive back to Pokhara from Beni which is just about 3-4 hrs.
What is Included
• Pokhara – Jomsom – Muktinath – Pokhara by 4WD Jeep as per the itinerary.
• Accommodation during the tour at guest houses/lodges.
• Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the tour.
• Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the tour including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
• Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide and porters
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.