Lumbini Tour is a quick visit into the scared land where Lord Buddha was believed to be born in 543 BC. Lumbini is located in the Terai plains of Nepal at the Kapilvastu district. Buddhist pilgrimage from round the world visits Lumbini to pay a respect to Lord Buddha and to pray and meditate. Lumbini is listed as UNESCO World’s Heritage Site. Lumbini Tour starts with drive to Lumbini and the next day start the sightseeing tour around Lumbini. There’s a lot to explore around that includes visits to scared pond where Buddha’s mother took a ritual dip prior to Buddha’s birth, the ruins of the ancient palaces, the exact spot of Buddha’s birth, King Ashok’s pillar who erected a pillar at the Buddha’s exact birth place, Maya Devi Temple – Maya Devi was Buddha’s mother. Besides, the tour takes you to other interesting sites where different Buddhist nations like Japan, Korea, China, Myanmar, Sri Lanka at present times have built several monasteries and shrines dedicated to Lord Buddha. All in all Lumbini Tour is an enlightening experience and get to know more about Buddhist culture and traditions.
• Visit the birth place of Lord Buddha, Mayadevi Temple, sacred pond, King Ashok’s Pillar.
• Ancient ruins of the palaces and archaeological sites.
• Discover the rich Buddhist culture and tradition.
• Explore around various monasteries & shrines built by different Buddhist nations.
Day 01: Drive to Lumbini from Pokhara
Early in the morning drive from Pokhara to Bhairawa- Lumbini which takes about 5-6 hours passing along small towns, rivers, farmlands, bustling towns. Upon arrival in Lumbini, check-in hotel and the rest of the time is free to relax or rest at the hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 02: Explore around Lumbini
The entire day today is spent around exploring the birth place of Lord Buddha, Lumbini which is inside the Lumbini Development Trust Project. The sightseeing tour visits archeological sites like the scared pond, the exact spot of Buddha’s birth place, Mayadevi temple, King Ashok’s pillar, ancient ruins of the palace. Now several Buddhist nations like Japan, Korea, Thailand, Burma, Sri Lanka have erected many monasteries and shrines inside the Lumbini area which are also visited during the tour. Afterwards, return back to hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 03: Drive back to Pokhara
The end of the Lumbini Tour and after breakfast, drive back to Pokhara as per required.
What is Included
• Transfers by car as per the itinerary.
• Accommodation in Lumbini including breakfast.
• Guided Lumbini city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
• Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
What is Not Included
• Lunch and Dinner in Lumbini.
• Travel insurance.
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.