Mustang formerly Kingdom of Lo, is a remote and isolated region of the Nepalese Himalayas. The Upper Mustang was a restricted demilitarized area until 1992 which makes it one of the most preserved regions in the world, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetan languages. Tibetan culture has been preserved by the relative isolation of the region from the outside world. Lo-Manthang Trek is more fascinating to observe the multiple colored flowers, lands with bushes and the snow covered peaks in the background of the wonderful landscape. Along the Lo-Manthang Trek trail, we can see the glorious panorama of the mountain ranges including Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna I (8091m), Manaslu range (8,163m). Trek to the upper mustang and fly back to the Pokhara by Helicopter.
• Hiking with the spectacular Himalayan panorama on the backdrop like that of Nilgiri, Annapurna,
• Dhaulagiri & other snow-capped peaks
• Discover Pokhara, the natural wonder of Nepal with superb mountain views
• Discover the culture & traditions of the ethnic people similar to Tibetan
• Scenic helicopter flight over Pokhara, Jomsom & Lo-Manthang
• The ancient walled city of Lo-Manthang, the Kingdom of Upper Mustang
Day 01: Pokhara to Jomsom (flight- 35 min) to Kagbeni (2800 m) 4-5 hrs walk
Lo-Manthang Trek starts with a early flight to Jomsom. The super scenic flight
takes around 35 minutes to touch down in Jomsom. You will have a whale of a time in the brisk flight as
you can see the most amazing natural views from the airplane window. After landing in Jomsom, the
trek to Kagbeni will start after lunch. You will reach Kagbeni before sunset where you will get ample
time to stroll around the village. O/N Lodge.
Day 02: Kagbeni to Chele (3100m) 5-6 hrs walk
Following some rivers over a series of small ridges, on the day, you will proceed towards Chele. During
the trip, you will come across various black, red and white Chortens known as hall-marks of the upper
Mustang region. You will reach Chele before sunset. O/N Lodge.
Day 03: Chele to Geling (3570m) 5-6 hrs walk
The trek towards Geling will continue in the morning. Hiking on undulated trails you will reach Geling, a
small village in the district where the buildings painted in red symbolizes monasteries in the region. O/N
Day 04: Geling to Charang (3560m) 5-6 hrs walk
The trip to Charang is going to be an exciting one. On the way, you will come across different white
dzongs and red Gompas. You will reach Charang for an overnight stay. O/N Lodge.
Day 05: Charang to Lo Manthang (3840m) 5-6 hrs walk
This is going to be an exciting day as you hike towards the walled city of Lo Manthang after crossing the
Marang (Chogo) la (4230m). This is a historical town known for known for thousand years’ old monasteries, caves, arts and architecture of the local tribes. You will have to enter to this picturesque
city through a gate located in north east corner. O/N Lodge.
Day 06: Explore around Lo-Manthang
This is a reserved day for exploring and sightseeing in Lo-Manthang. Today, you will visit Gompas,
ancient palaces, and few historical monuments. Also, you will visit few caves, and cave temples that
typify upper Mustang. O/N Lodge.
Day 07: Helicopter flight to Pokhara from Lo-Manthang &; fly back to Pokhara
In the last day of Lo-Manthang Trek a chartered helicopter will fly you back to Pokhara crossing over Jomsom then
to the airport in Pokhara, again witnessing some spectacular mountain panorama of Mt. Annapurna,
Dhaulagiri and other snow-capped peaks. Upon arrival in Pokhara, transfer to your hotel.
What is Included:
• Flight fare from Pokhara – Jomsom
• Highly experienced, helpful and friendly Government licensed guide, porter (1 porter for 2 people) and
their food, accommodation, transportation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
• Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
• First aid medical kit
• Lo Manthang – Pokhara by Helicopter.
• Domestic airport departure tax.
• Upper Mustang special permit USD 500.00 per person.
• ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area trek Permit) fee.
• TIMS permit
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
What is Not Included:
• Travel insurance.
• Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
• Items of a personal nature.