Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek is a different kind of travel experience in the Himalayas. The plan is to riding along a horseback the trekking trail that goes from Jomsom all the way to Muktinath passing along Kagbeni en-route inside the Annapurna Conservation Area. Riding along this route is great fun and exciting witnessing some of the world’s highest mountain series and into the dry lands of Kagbeni. Initially, the program beings with a flight from Pokhara to Jomsom then hire a horse and ride along towards Muktinath with one night stop at Kagbeni. Muktinath is the holy pilgrimage site both to Hindus and Buddhists where a temple of Lord Vishnu as well as a Buddhist monastery is located. There are also 108 carved spouts from where flows the holy water so as it is believed and a eternal burning flame at the monastery. After Muktinath, trace the route back to Marpha, a village of Thakuri community, to ultimately ride back again to Jomsom and fly to Pokhara. Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek is an exhilarating experience and witnessing the extra-ordinary landscapes of the Annapurna region and ideal for any age-group.
• Scenic flight to/from Pokhara- Jomsom with spectacular views of the Himalayas
• Witness majestic views of Mt. Annapurna, Dhaulagiri massif & others.
• Visit Muktinath temple, a holy shrine for Hindus and Buddhists.
• Great horse ride along the mesmerizing landscapes & through the dry lands.
• Getting to know the local culture & traditions.
Day 01: Fly to Jomsom (2743m) & horse riding to Kagbeni (2800m)
Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek starts early in the morning with a flight to Jomsom from Pokhara which is about 20 minutes. The flight offers great views of the mountains like Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre including deep gorges, rhododendron forests. Upon reaching Jomsom, hire a horse and start riding towards Kagbeni through dry and distinctive land. The trail mostly follows the river bed of Kali Gandaki River and reaches Kagbeni. O/N Lodge.
Day 02: Kagbeni to Muktinath (3710m) riding on a horseback
After breakfast, riding continues with making a steep climb to Jhong River Valley crossing along Jharkot village. Then the route again climbs up after Jharkot crossing Ranipauwa with several teahouses and shops. After crossing a hill from this point will reach Muktinath. Muktinath is the pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists. There’s Hindu temple of Lord Vishnu and 108 caved spouts where holy water flows. Nearby is a Buddhist monastery and popular eternal flame. O/N Lodge.
Day 03: Muktinath to Marpha (2710m) on a horseback
This day after breakfast, trace the same route and ride back to Marpha. Marpha is a village of Thakali community. O/N Lodge.
Day 04: Marpha to Jomsom (2743m) on a horse back
Again witnessing the spectacular glimpse of several Himalayan giants in the Annapurna region, ride back to Jomsom. O/N Lodge.
Day 05: Fly back to Pokhara
The last day of the Jomsom Muktinath Pony Trek and early in the morning again takes along the trans-Himalayan flight from Jomsom and fly back to Pokhara. Upon arrival, met at the airport then transfer to hotel.
What is Included
• Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
• Jomsom-Pokhara-Jomsom flight
• Domestic airport departure tax.
• One pony with Pony man for the hiking.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
• Annapurna Conservation area permit
• TIMS permit
• Accommodation during the trek in tea house
• All meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance.
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.