Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
The Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is a relatively easy trekking destination in the Annapurna region that is loaded with exotic landscape and the vistas of the closest northern mountain ranges. The route can make anyone awe stuck with the mesmerizing views of some of the highest and the most beautiful mountains in the world that includes Annapurna South, Machhapuchchhre, Himalchuli among others. The routes in the trek are all inclusive of natural beauties which traverse through remote valleys, ancient villages, scenic trails, forests, etc. The preeminent feature of the Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is marvelous sunrise and sunset views from Poonhill situated at an altitude of 3210m. Also, from the point, trekkers can observe the entire mountains ranges covered in golden colors as a due cause of light reflected by the early sun’s ray.
• Easy to moderate graded trek in the Annapurna region
• Witness beautiful sunrise view from the popular vantage-point Poon hill
• Witness the panorama views of the mountains like Annapurna (I, II & III), Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal, Hiuchuli etc.
• Explore around the mountain village of Ghandruk
Day 01: Drive to Nayapul & trek to Tikhedhunga (1540m) 4-5 hrs
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek starts with a drive to Nayapul by a private vehicle or bus (1 hr drive) then start trek to Tikhedhunga. The trail first slowly and steadily climbs to Birethanti. Birethanti is a cultural town located beside the Modi Khola. In mid-day will reach Sudami followed by Hille. The final stop of the day will be at Tikhedhunga. O/N Lodge.
Day 02: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2870m) 5-6 hrs
Start early in the morning and after breakfast start the trek to Ulleri village. En-route enjoy some great mountain panorama towards the north. After a few hours of trekking, the trail will lead to rhododendron and oak forests and finally reached Ghorepani. O/N Lodge.
Day 03: Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3210m) to Tadapani (2710m) 6-7 hrs
Today is the interesting and important day of the trek as the most popular Himalayan view-point ‘Poon hill’ is visited this day. Begin the early morning hike to Poon hill with the trail passing through aromatic pine and rhododendron forests. Hikers need to pace up so as to witness the mesmerizing sunrise from the top which takes about an hour’s hike. Spend some time at Poon hill witnessing spectacular sunrise over the Himalayas with the mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Himalchuli, Machhapuchhre towards the north. Afterwards, return back from Poon hill and trek to Tadapani. O/N Lodge.
Day 04: Tadapani to Ghandruk (1940m) 3-4 hrs
After breakfast, start the trek leaving behind Tadapani where the trail first descends to Baisi Kharka. It then crosses few streams, forests and finally reaches Ghandruk. Ghandruk is a beautiful mountain village specially in-habitat by Gurung community. The village also commands great mountain sceneries of peaks like Annapurna South and other Himalayas in the Annapurna region. O/N Lodge.
Day 05: Ghandruk to Nayapul (1070m) to Pokhara
The last day of the Ghorepani Poonhill Trek and it’s going to be exciting day as basically it involves descending down almost all the time to reach Nayapul. En-route hikers will come across some great landscapes and grasslands. Upon reaching Nayapul, drive to Pokhara.
What is Included
• Hotel Pick up/Drop off in Pokhara
• Pokhara – Nayapul – Pokhara by private vehicle.
• Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
• Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
• Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
• Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide and porters
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.