Ghandruk Trek is a popular hiking trip starting from Pokhara and goes to the naturally embodied village of Ghandruk located in Western Nepal. Ghandruk village is mainly in-habitat by Gurung community, and there’s also a Gurung Museum in the village. Great views of Himalayas can be observed from Ghandruk like Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre Himal. Ghandruk Trek is graded easy hiking and ideal for those with sort amount of time. All age group and beginners can do this trek and it doesn’t requires difficult climbing or ascend to higher altitudes. On top of that one gets to experience the local culture and tradition of the people living side-by-side with the high Himalayas and witness some of the majestic views of the snow-capped mountains located in the Annapurna region.
• Easy trekking in the Annapurna region
• Witness panoramic views of mountains like Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Hinchuli, Machhapuchhre
• Discover the local culture & tradition of Gurung community
• Explore around one of the most beautiful mountain village of ‘Ghandruk’
Day 01: Pokhara to Ghandruk (1540m) 5-6 hrs
Our Ghandruk Trek starts after breakfast, drive from Pokhara to Phedi by private vehicle or bus. The trek starts from Phedi with the trail ascending steeply up the hill to reach Dhampus. En-route enjoy great views of Annapurna range, Manaslu and other mountains. It will then take about 5 hours to reach the beautiful mountain village of Ghandruk. Witness majestic panorama of the Himalayas like Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre. In Ghandruk village, visit the Gurung Museum to know more about Gurung culture and traditions. O/N Lodge.
Day 02: Ghandruk to Pothana (2870m) 5-6 hrs
Early in the morning, enjoy sunrise view over the Himalayas and spend some time at Ghandruk capturing the magical moments in our camera. Then begins the trek towards Pothana with the trail descending down to Modi Khola. Afterwards it starts climbing up to reach the village of Landruk. From here, hike past paddy fields to reach Deurali and trekking further will eventually arrive at Pothana. Pothana is located on a ridge and commands good views of Annapurna massif, Machhapuchhre and other mountains. O/N Lodge.
Day 03: Pothana to Pokhara 3 hrs
The last day of the Ghandruk Trek and after breakfast trace our way back to Phedi. This will take about 3 hours to reach Phedi and en-route trekkers will come across spectacular views of lush forests and great snow-capped Himalayas. Upon reaching Phedi, drive back to Pokhara and transfer to your hotel.
What is Included
• Pokhara/Phedi/Pokhara by bus or private vehicle.
• Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
• Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
• Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
• Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.