Dhampus Trek is a shortest trek but one of the most rewarding hikes around the Pokhara Valley. The trekking trail passes through villages, terraced farms and green forests until reaching Dhampus. Upon reaching Dhampus some majestic close-up views of the snow-capped peaks like the Annapurna’s and other mountains greets the visitor. The sunset and sunrise views over the Himalayas are also equally mesmerizing from Dhampus. Besides great mountain views, hikers also get to witness serine and beautiful countryside of Nepal including observing the daily lives of the people living in the mountains as well as have some interaction with the locals. Dhampus is also the gateway to the Annapurna Conservation Area and also the entry points for the trek to the Annapurna Base Camp. The Dhampus Trek begins from Phedi after 45 minutes drive from Pokhara and goes for about 2 hours of climbing up till Dhampus. Watch the sunset view in the evening and the next morning, sunrise view over the Himalayas then trek towards Kande and drive back to Pokhara.
• Short & easy trek closer to the Pokhara City
• Witness mesmerizing views of the Himalayas like the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre & others
• Get to know the local culture, tradition & way of lives of the people living in high mountains
Day 01: Drive to Phedi & trek to Dhampus (1650m) 2-3 hrs
The Dhampus Trek starts with a drive to Phedi from Pokhara (45 mins) and start trek to Dhampus. Upon reaching Dhampus, explore around the village and the beautiful hill witnessing some great mountain panorama. Evening: Watch sunset view over the Himalayas. O/N Lodge.
Day 2: Trek to Kande & drive back to Pokhara
Early morning watch beautiful sunrise view over the mountains. After breakfast, trek to Kande via forests and Pokhara’s countryside & drive back to Pokhara.
What is Included
• Pokhara/Phedi – Kande/Pokhara by private vehicle.
• Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
• Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
• All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide and porters
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.