Chitwan & Lumbini Tour
Chitwan Lumbini Tour is the combination of jungle safari at one of the finest national park in Asia and visiting the birth place of Lord Buddha, Lumbini. Chitwan National Park is the UNESCO World Heritage Site covering 932 kms (360 sq. m) area located at the sup-tropical inner Terai lowlands. The park is home to wide varieties of wild animals from deer, wild boar, one-horned rhinoceros, tiger, crocodiles and many spices of birds and butterflies. Jungle safaris in the park is carried out with several activities like elephant safari on an elephant’s back, jungle walk, jeep drive, jungle walk, bird watching to observe the animals in wild up close and perusal.
Lumbini, about 4 hours drive from Chitwan, is the pilgrimage site for all the Buddhist round the world. Lumbini is located in Sidharthanagar closer to Nepal/India border ‘Sunauli’ and is the birth place of Lord Buddha. The area of Lumbini is protected under Lumbini Development project and has many interest sites to visit like the sacred pond, Maya Devi Temple, Buddha’s birth place, King Ashok’s pillar, ancient ruins of the palace. At present time, many Buddhist nations like Thailand, Japan, Korea, China, Sri Lanka, China have erected many monasteries, temples and shrines around the Lumbini area which are also worth visiting. All in all Chitwan Lumbini Tour is a great way to relax with nature and witnessing history and culture, and ideal for any age-group.
• Chitwan Lumbini Tour encompasses the two famous city Chitwan and Lumbini
• Visit the Chitwan National Park, one of the finest national park for jungle safari
• Elephant Safari to observe wild lives, different bird species & wide range of other flora & fauna up close.
• Explore around Lumbini, the birth place of Buddha.
• Guided tour Lumbini with visits to Maya Devi temple, scared garden, ancient ruins, the exact place of Lord Buddha’s birth.
• Discover Buddhist culture & traditions.
Day 01: Drive to Chitwan from Pokhara
Chitwan Lumbini Tour starts with a drive to Chitwan from Pokhara which takes about 4 hours approx. Upon arrival at resort, lunch will be served. Later in the afternoon, an experienced guide will accompany you for ethnic Tharus Village Visit on Ox Cart. The surrounding farmland and villages has a pulse of its own, giving it a sense of timelessness. Afterwards, you will be taken to the Elephant Stable for a short briefing on the elephants by our naturalists. As well as visit the Sunset Viewpoint & the Visitor Center for more insight of the Chitwan wildlife, flora & fauna. Afterwards, Transfer to Resort. Evening: Cultural program (Tharu Stick Dance) Overnight Resort.
Day 02: In Chitwan
After breakfast, a ride on a traditionally dug-out canoe and on this silent canoeing in Rapti River, you will get an opportunity to view aquatic birds and see animals on the river banks. Then you will begin your Jungle (nature) walk accompanied by a trained naturalist and trace animals. The latter will walk some distance ahead to check on animal movement on the trail ahead. You are advised to closely follow the instructions of the naturalist at all times. Afterwards, visit Elephant Breeding Center then follows Elephant Bathing in the Rapti River, and you are most welcome to join in giving the elephants a scrub. Afternoon: Lunch. Later on Elephant Safari (ride) in the Community Forest (Chitwan National Park) for more animal sightings. Overnight Resort.
Day 03: Chitwan to Lumbini
Morning: Wake-up call at dawn. A naturalist will take you for a Bird Watching tour over the banks of the river in the Chitwan National Park then return back to hotel. Breakfast at the hotel & depart Chitwan towards Lumbini which takes about 3-4 hours. Upon arrival at Lumbini, check-in hotel and the rest of the time is free to explore around or rest at the hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 04: Explore around Lumbini
The entire day today is spent around exploring the birth place of Lord Buddha, Lumbini which is inside the Lumbini Development Trust Project. The sightseeing tour visits archeological sites like the scared pond, the exact spot of Buddha’s birth place, Mayadevi temple, King Ashok’s pillar, ancient ruins of the palace. Now several Buddhist nations like Japan, Korea, Thailand, Burma, Sri Lanka have erected many monasteries and shrines inside the Lumbini area which are also visited during the tour. Afterwards, return back to hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 05: Drive to Pokhara or Kathmandu
End of the Chitwan Lumbini Tour and drive back to Pokhara or Kathmandu as per required.
What is Included
• Transfers by car as per the itinerary.
• A/C Accommodation in Chitwan
• All meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner while in Chitwan including tea and coffee.
• Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
• National park and conservation area permit & fees.
• All jungle activities as per the itinerary.
• Accommodation in Lumbini including breakfast.
• Guided Lumbini city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
• Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
• Experienced English speaking guide.
•All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
What is Not Included
• Travel insurance.
• Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
• Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
• Tips for guide
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.